Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First day of school :o), 2nd day of school :o(((



Happy September....I think~After Krissy not ever feeling well on our trip to Disneyland, we were so happy to return home on Thursday evening. She must have stated in a loud, emotional voice about 30 times on the flight home "WE'RE GOIN' DOWN!". Hopefully no fearful flyers sitting nearby....I wasn't about to look around. We kept her home from school Friday and she just hung out at home on the weekend.Which made yesterday, her first day of school. It didn't actually start out very well....she was agitated from the get-go, then plopped down on the wet front grass and said she wasn't going. We did manage to talk her into getting onto the bus with her assistant, and the report from school was that she did pretty well.So...I was alittle perplexed when I saw the school phone number in my cell phone caller ID about 10 am this morning, when it rang. The teacher said Krissy had cut her finger quite badly on a bike at school, so I said I'd come down and have a look. Jamie came with me. Krissy was very shook up. They had paper towels wrapped around her finger to control the bleeding. I didn't even look at it. From the sounds of it, we needed to get to the doctor, so we went to the Emergency Room at Mt Hood. A very long story short, she had a nerve block, an xray, oral sedation, then an IV for IV sedation and finally we got her finger put back together...like 3 hrs of drama later. Poor little thing. Anyway, that girl can fight when she believes in something, let me tell you. At one point, both she and Jamie were crying.Nana and I are leaving shortly to take Krissy to Red Robin. This was a promised trip before today happened....Red is there, 6-8 pm, so hopefully he's ready for us. As always, keep us in your prayers. Larry is very thankful these 2 weeks happened after I returned from Uganda.

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment