Tuesday, September 21, 2010


It's a beautiful September afternoon and yes, surprisingly calm, even at the Julian house.  The 3 older kids have left for CYT class, Larry is sleeping so it's just the 3 of us left hanging out together.  I love these beautiful fall days.  I think I've decided September is my favorite time of the year.

Anne is attending Damascus Christian High this year and this morning I was reflecting on how much I enjoy that beautiful drive out to the country.  I put some great music on and really am enjoying it.  Maybe in February it won't have quite the same effect on me, but for now, I'm a happy taxi driver.

Yesterday I looked out back and Benjamin was enjoying a maple leaf he had found.  In fact he was enjoying chewing on it.  I don't get it...he will not eat food, but yard debris?? Bring it on~ Apparently they aren't poisonous...I meant to look it up and forgot :o(

Krissy is now scheduled with the Pediatric Sedation Services at Doernbecher on Friday to have her stitches out.  Our local pediatrician's office didn't think it would be safe to try doing this in the clinic since she was so traumatized having them put in.  Seems so silly for a suture removal, but I agree...I think she would be too afraid to cooperate.   I may still try and talk her into it come Thursday night, but for now, we're scheduled.  They plan to give her a "Ketamine Dart"....an injection (not an IV) to sedate her.  Reminds me of what they do to capture wild animals.  Hmmmm, now that I mention it.....maybe it is the same thing?  I'll let you know how that all goes.

Our 3 kids auditioned for 2 different shows (Anne here in Portland, David and Jamie in Vancouver) so a busy fall awaits us...and that's just what we know about. This is David's last show as he will 'age out'...turns 19 in October.  

David and Jamie started fall term at Mt Hood CC yesterday.  David is in chemistry this term as well as continuing his studies in Criminal Justice (this time Juvenille Justice).  He's also taking a writing class.  Jamie is continuing her pre-nursing classes as well as working in another Spanish class and ballet with some friends.  

Larry developed an abscess tooth over the weekend and was noticably swollen up by Sunday evening.  He was able to see an emergency dentist yesterday and is now on antibiotics.  Hopefully he'll begin to feel better.  It really made him feel awful and was quite painful.  He continues to maintain his record of attendance at work...he's not called in sick for many months now...a real record for him and an answer to prayer.  We have good friends who faithfully pray for his health.

I'm staying busy.  I keep my eyes open for a very part time nurse position, but am really not sure that I can work it into our busy lives.  I love being at home with the family, being available for whoever needs me and baking cookies inbetween school runs.  God continues to provide for all of our needs.  

Hope you're well too and enjoying this beautiful fall weather.

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment