Friday, April 2, 2010

My big baby...






Hi~

For those of you who haven't seen Benjamin for awhile, the picture Jamie took yesterday, demonstrates what a big boy he getting to be.  I'm not sure how many more years I'm going to be able to snuggle like this with him.  He thinks he's a toddler still I think ...  We'll have to do more of this sitting I think.  As you can see from the picture with Jamie, Benjamin is feeling considerably better.  I think we're all convinced that he's able to go home today.  His IV is still in but they turned the fluids off this morning, hoping that his appetite would pick up.  It's not anywhere close to normal, but he's picking up quickly enough that we don't think he'll turn around and get sicker. 

Last evening Jamie and I went home and Larry came and spent the night with Benjamin.  It felt good to get a good night's sleep in.  After getting Krissy on her bus this morning, I took Jamie to the college, went to the bookstore to check on some things the kids still needed, and went grocery shopping.   After a stop at home to get Anne up and see to some details there, I headed out to Clackamas Community College to pick up a book Jamie needed.  My mom came along for the ride, so it was nice to have that time together.   David drove out to Mt. Hood CC and picked up Jamie after she finished her biology lab and we all met back at home before Jamie headed back to the hospital for the 'changing of the guard' with Larry. 

We got Benjamin's antibiotic prescription early as it's a specialized compounded drug that is hard to get filled, particularly on the weekend.  It's much easier to get it here at the hospital, so I walked to the pharmacy a couple floors down and they'll have it ready.  When the nurse comes back in I'll tell her Benjamin just drank 5 oz. and seems very comfortable.  I won't let him down on the floor and he's getting antsy with the limited options (stroller, crib or window seat) so it's time to go. 

Thanks for your prayers~May your family enjoy this Easter Weekend~We have much to celebrate!  Janelle

PS:  The one non-hospital picture is from last Friday.....ahhhh memories :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment