Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good Evening from Sacramento...
My mom and I flew down this morning to have a couple of days with my cousin Steve and his wife Julie. Our tickets were purchased some time ago, of course when we were unaware of how topsy turvy life would be right now. Poor Larry worked all night, arriving home just in time to hear that the basement was flooding. He needed to take us straight to the airport, so Jamie got Kristin on to the morning bus. (I did sincerely offer to stay home....really) He was still up about 2pm when I called to see how things were going. He had just learned that it would be about $1700 for the plumber to come and replace the connecting pipe between the house and the street where ths suspected leak was happening. They had called the person who was going to do the work and he was available...at the last moment, they spotted something in the yard that made them walk over to investigate...only to discover that this was exactly the point of the pipe break. Thankfully, it was able to be repaired for about $300. Happiest $300 we've spent in a long time :o) We didn't hear from Krissy's school about her day, so we're thinking it must have gone better than yesterday. She did very well at home today, I hear (Thanks Molly!)
Mom and I had a wonderful dinner here with family and feel ready to turn in early. Benjamin seems to be doing ok, so I'll be really relieved if we can continue to hold him off a bit longer before surgery.
I talked with Larry about 7:30....he wasn't feeling great after so little sleep, but Krissy was happily in bed for the night and he is off work....so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment