Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas~Wow, I still am amazed that it's already Christmas Eve. I've been struggling with some bad headaches the past week and a half, so I think that's at least partly why I'm in a time warp. I'm better today at this time than I was yesterday, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. Larry, my mom and our older kids went to the Christmas service at church last night (I was in bed while Cindy watched the little kids). It was a wonderful service. We're expecting Larry's mom to arrive later this evening....she and my mom will be with us for our traditional Christmas morning cinnamon rolls tomorrow. Then Larry's sister Linda and her husband Ray will be arriving before our dinner at 2pm. We've thought back to how different last year was when we were snowed/ice'd in and no one could get anywhere, it seemed. We're happy to be able to be together this year

.Jamie asked Kristin to tell her 5 things about Christmas today...her answers were....Presents (are we surprised?), stockings, cinnamon rolls, Luke 2 and Happy Birthday Jesus!  I hope we can reverse the order down the road :o)

There haven't been many postings with her being out of school this past week. She's done really well. Missy a friend we've known for a number of years is home from college, so she was available to help us over the break.  Molly is on vacation, so we again appreciate God's provision.  We've mostly stayed at home, but Missy and I took Krissy for a hike this week and the fresh cold air was great for all of us as we walked by the lake and fed the ducks.  

We wish you all a safe and joyful Christmas as we remember the wonderful gift of Jesus,

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment