Wednesday, February 17, 2010





Celebrating Anne's Birthday....and Spring!

Hi Again...I heard it's suppose to be 60 today and I'm looking out the window at beautiful sunshine!  I remember 15 years ago when Anne was born, looking out the hospital window and seeing a fresh snowfall.  She and I talked yesterday about how time seems to go both slowly at times and other times, so very fast.  She was speculating that she was half way to 30 and figuring I could top that 'depressing' thought for her, I cheerily told her she was a quarter of the way to 60 :o)  Way to go Party Mama...

I think she had a good day.  She would tell you that she was up nearly at dawn (translation=about 9am) to spend the morning with Jamie.  They started out at a coffee shop in downtown Gresham, ended up at Cold Stone for ice cream and did some shopping inbetween.  Anne borrowed our camera, so when I downloaded pictures last night, I got to enjoy their adventure too (and no, we're not buying those lovely dresses you girls tried on).  David sadly came down with the stomach flu yesterday, so he was in bed much of the day and we had to cancel our plans for anyone coming to the house.  The girls had their regular CYT (musical theater) class from 5-7pm.  After picking them up, we went and picked up Anne's friend Claire and went to Panda Express...lots of giggling with those 2 and lots of fun. Once we arrived home, Larry, Jamie, Anne and I had birthday dessert (There's ALOT left over!!!) and she opened a couple gifts.  She got her own Nikon camera, so she was really thrilled with that.  

In the next post perhaps, I'll send you a picture of my latest project.  Amanda the behavior consultant wanted us to set up a dark/quiet space for Krissy to be able to go when she needs to calm down.  Since her closet is empty, save for a high shelf with CareBears on it, that seemed like a good place to work with.  I bought a roll of velcro and secured (with a staple gun) about a 6 foot strip up above the opening where the doors used to be.  I put 2 shorter strips about shoulder height on either end (attached to the wall  next to the casing).  I picked up a King Size comforter at the 2nd hand store that was in good condition and sewed the 2nd part of the velcro strips onto it.  We didn't want to use a rod as she would hang on it and pull if down.  She may do that to this as well, but there will be no harm done.  I put some quilts on the floor inside as well as 2 push lights that are in the shape of stars, so it feels very small and cozy.  The comforter is black on the inside and zebra (not my preference but....) on the outside. Not exactly a decorator statement in her sage green/cranberry bedroom, but this can just be put up at times she wants to be in her quiet 'cave'...not necessary to have it always up.   She has also been talking about a 'trap door' and wanting to install one in her room.  For now, she's got a sign up that will probably make you laugh too...Watch this space~More soon.  I have to get (another) birthday cake in the oven since she wants  us to continue the party for Anne today...

No comments:

Post a Comment