Monday, February 22, 2010

Good Evening~ It's been a busy past few days.  We enjoyed celebrating Anne's birthday again on the weekend and the older kids lives are about to get intense with move-in for their show this coming weekend.  Everyone is fairly healthy, although we're still occasionally hearing the croupy cough from Benjamin.  We've decided not to have his surgery done next Monday (Mar 1st).  We've done surgery during dress rehearsal week twice in the past 13 months (both of those were emergencies) and I don't think I need to throw that into the mix. More importantly, I think it's probably best to pursue answers on this chronic cough and wait until April when Larry & I are back from our trip and not having to worry about potential complications with us out of town.  Please pray that he will stay healthy until we're able to get this stricture fixed surgically.  

You may recall a few days ago, the story I told re. taking Scobey, Mom's dog to the Humane Society.  I closed the story with "hopefully she'll be put in a happy home".  Guess I was right...  My mom paid $85 to adopt her own dog back on Monday morning....she called me on Sunday and was so sad.  She was/is very attached to this pooch and being alone in her house, she just wasn't sleeping well as she felt the dog gave her some protection (at least in being alert...course if the boogie man had a coat on, the dog would have a nervous breakdown) and then she just missed her alot.  Needless to say, the dog was pretty happy (and maybe a little surprised) to see us.  I think she's staying...By the way, if you know my mom's older brother, he is NOT TO KNOW that mom has her dog back....He's 92 years old but my mom thinks he'll be very upset with her if he finds out and so she is sincerely hoping Scobey won't bark when she's talking to them on the phone.  I think he and my aunt are concerned that Scobey's going to knock her over (so are we)....she doesn't jump up often, but sometimes she's just so happy to see mom.  Anyway,  thought you'd like to know the end of that chapter....

Well, dinner is cooking and I better go.  Krissy is gone to the park with a friend and Anne.  She continues to have happy days and we're so thankful.

Love, Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment