Monday, February 1, 2010



Well, we did indeed make it home yesterday!  I could tell that Benjamin was going to be able to drink enough to let his IV go (although I think after the first one gave out, it took them 7 or 8 tries to get the next one in).  He didn't cry once.  He actually dislikes the tourniquet and being held in place by 3 or 4 people more than the actual needle.  He might 'growl' a little, but no tears or obvious discomfort.  I watched his face and he didn't seem to even notice much.  He's had a quiet day at home with 3 of the kids gone to school and the other one sleeping in until...(ok Anne, I won't tell)  

My mom has made the difficult decision to find a new home for her dog, Scobey.  She (the dog) has hang ups (i.e. doesn't like men, especially if they have the nerve to wear a coat among other things) that seem to be getting worse rather than better.  When mom first had her, we thought she might be barkless...she never made a peep.  Well, that's changed and she apparently is barking sometimes non-stop out back, annoying the neighbor.  She's also getting more aggressive (not in a mean way) with Mom, i.e. jumping up to greet her, etc.  Mom just decided that all things considered, it's probably best to find someplace for Scobey, but it's hard on her because she really loves her and the dog is very attached to her.  We're afraid that she will eventually accidently knock Mom down and it's just not worth it.  As you can tell, I'm not thinking of any of you as prospective new owners, but you could pray that we'd find someplace to send her.  (To my friend Erin in Washington...no, you can't take her :o)  I tried to get ahold of the Oregon German Shepherd Rescue today, but they have closed.  They recommend the Washington branch who has some 'foster homes' in our area, so that may be our best bet.  They work hard at placing dogs in an appropriate setting (if that's possible in this case).  

That's the news from the homefront.  We're still on the surgery schedule for next Monday...hoping for a quiet, uneventful week ahead.

Krissy talked to me last evening about making another Barney cake (specifying that it needs to be 3 layers high).  You may recall that I have done this twice in the very recent past, so I suggested doing cinnamon rolls instead.  She agreed.  Problem is that the dough is ready to roll out, but the clock is approaching 10pm.  I did tell her we'd have them for breakfast, so I guess I better just do it....I am soooo ready for bed.  Ben honking the horn on his new hot rod should help me stay awake (photo).

Love Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment