Saturday, July 17, 2010


Good Morning,

As you can see, Benjamin is comfortable here at home!  Since we came home Wednesday afternoon, he has done well overall.  He's sleeping and eating fine.  We were able to have the IV line removed before we left as it was determined that the oral antibiotic would be equally effective and he was impressing us with how much he was willing to drink.  All good!

You may notice in the picture that it looks like he's still in a hospital crib.  He is.  This is another recent blessing for us.  I was notified that a local medical company had several hospital cribs that had been donated by Shriners as they were remodeling and purchasing new ones. I called and asked if we could have our name put on one of them.  It is the nicest, newest hospital crib we've ever seen.  For a nominal fee they delivered it and even offered to set it up.  Benjamin was still in a regular crib, but he was going to be too big for it soon.  This crib is much bigger accommodating up to 5 ft and 300 lbs....which in Benjamin's case means it should work for a very long time! I've found his 2 oldest sisters in there at different times already, just relaxing :o) Guess there's something cozy about it :o)

I'm quickly recovering from my sleep debt...Larry was off the first 2 nights we were home, so that was so nice.  I had to get up early yesterday morning for a dental appt (extraction).  Not my favorite way to start the day.  Thankfully, even though I was very nervous at the time, it's been minimally painful and I don't think there's any swelling.  I hope it will all heal up fine.  I had broken a tooth near the gum line, so that was why it had to go.  Thankfully it was towards the back.  They offered an implant ($3000 co-pay) or a little fake tooth that clips to the one in front and behind ($30 co-pay).  I had to contemplate that for about 2 seconds.  It was custom made and ready yesterday, so that went right in...it's comfortable and not noticable, so I'm good to go with it I think.  I have so much dental appt. anxiety, I am very glad to have this experience behind me.

Have a wonderful weekend.  Thank you again for praying us thru this recent serious illness for Benjamin.  We're enjoying meals you provided and the practical ways you came alongside of us during this time.

Love, Janelle & all

No comments:

Post a Comment