Sunday, July 11, 2010

Making progress...


We moved Benjamin about 6 pm last evening and he's continuing to progress...slowly, but heading the right direction.  He is still 'imbalanced' in terms of his electrolytes and fluid load...but we were happy to ditch the urinary catheter and the nose hose both before leaving ICU.

As you can see, he's sitting up and sort of goes between playing with some things in the crib, sitting in his stroller and sleeping.  He's really enjoyed the little personal DVD player that Child Life loaned to him. He's finding his familiar videos enjoyable in a new way, just 3 inches from his face.  

Larry traded places with me last night and I was brave enough to go home and sleep.  It was great.  David listened overnight for Kristin (on the monitor) so I didn't have anything  I needed to worry about, and I really slept deeply.  When I checked in with Larry early this morning, he said that they had also had a good night here.  I drove up about 9am and arrived with the surgeons outside his door, so that timing worked out well.  With Benjamin out of ICU, we no longer had pediatricians assigned to him, so I requested that. I think the surgeons are quite happy to do it all, but I'm more comfortable having others involved and particularly find the pediatricians are such great communicators and glad to talk over my concerns if I have them.

Thanks for your prayers 

No comments:

Post a Comment