Friday, July 9, 2010

Thankful

Today I'm thankful...

  • Benjamin is showing steady improvement
  • Although we have to stay in ICU one more day, it sounds like we really are going to get to move upstairs tomorrow
  • for Larry who drove up here late last night and sat up with Benjamin who was restless, so I could have a few good hours of sleep
  • for people who have stepped in and helped us this week, covering my responsibility for the carpool I never helped with for Jamie's CYT camp
  • for my wonderful friends and family who send me notes of encouragement, offers of help and show up with bags of survival food and drink from Starbucks
  • for our older kids who have all helped us out thru this
  • for friends like Susan who always makes us her priority when we're in the hospital, bringing blankets, games and food to make things easier
  • for the anticipation of Steve & Michelle's visit tonight and how happy that will make Benjamin (if Steve brings his guitar, it will be the icing on the cake!)
  • for the cool comfort of this room we're in, while all of you are sweating it out in our heatwave here...did you draw the short straw or what???? :o)
  • for Krissy having a great first day of summer school yesterday and for those who are helping her have a happy summer 
  • for my mama who thinks to cut up cantaloupe and send it up to me and is always available to help out whenever/wherever

Hoping you have a good day and even if it's not what you hoped for, you can still count your blessings~ Love Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment