Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kristin's Bedroom Makeover



It's happening!  I hear intermittent pounding and crashes as I type!  The crew began arriving before 8am and Krissy assisted Jamie and I in transferring approximately 50 million stuffed animals, etc. from her room to Jamie's (Thanks sister!)

I've included a 'before' picture as well as a 'during' photo, taken today.  The plan is that they will have the room ready by tonight for her to sleep in.  They have taken out the sheetrock and are in the process of installing plywood now.  Tomorrow will be phase one of the flooring installation with it needing to perk 24 hrs. before it can be walked on.  The heat welding of the seam will follow and then the vinyl walls will go in.  They tell me everything will be done on Saturday and with her new window and fiberglass door, she will be able to stay  in there that night.  

You may want to pray for Larry & I....we get to have Krissy with us for a slumber party Thursday and Friday nights, which may involve one of us attempting to get some sleep on the floor in front of the door.  I'm optomistic...she really did quite well on the California trip, particularly with knowing that Disneyland was just out the door and down the block.  I think getting her to sleep will be challenging, but once she's out we have hope for a few good hours anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment