Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's such a rainy day here, I really feel for the kids and adults at Outdoor School today.  I started a load of coats, etc. that came home with Kris yesterday....at least I thought I started the load, but when I got up this morning, it hadn't run.  It was really rushing it to get things mostly dry to go with her today.  I'm not sure what she did yesterday, but it may have involved rolling in the muddy sand near the river from all the debris ground into her clothing and caked into the boots. She has very chapped lips and is rubbing them an sniffing alot, so I hope she's not catching a cold...guess it wouldn't be too surprising.  She's not acting sick at all, so hopefully she's enjoying her day.

She's such an interesting kid....she is rather quick to make her observations about people (remember...looks like Donald Duck at Disneyland,  looks like Mickey Mouse (the little guy with big ears at the pool), etc. etc.) so here's Wish with midnight blue hair and a pierced eye brown and Tofu with 50 dreadlocks going in different directions and a pierced lip and Kristin says....absolutely NOTHING.  Perhaps the key to understanding this is that in her previous observations, it has been analogies (this reminds me of....) whereas Tofu and Wish don't remind her of anything/anyone she's seen before.  I'm alittle concerned that next time we're on the MAX, and Krissy sees some gangsta with dreadlocks that she will loudly announce "Looks like Tofu" which may not be well received.  

David is celebrating his 18th birthday (Oct 20) tonight with some of his friends.  His Uncle Ray and Aunt Linda gifted him with a Lazer Tag party for his birthday, so he's very excited.  His sisters (not Kris!) are working hard still to win an invitation from him, but he's pretty definite that his party is closed to girls.  I think this may get me off the hook for being the designated driver clear down to McLaughlin in Milwaukie tonight...Thanks, Larry!  Will try and get Dad to take some pictures.  We're doing pizza and dessert here before they go, so it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment