Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Birthday Boy

Happy Birthday Benjamin!

I can't believe my baby is 10 years old today...This morning it struck me how funny it seemed to be preparing bottles for him and looking at college textbooks to order for the older kids, all in the same morning.  It's a festive day in his room.  I came out from the shower and Jamie had hung streamers.  Child Life really did alot in providing gifts and decorations, even sending for a birthday cake.  When it came this afternoon, our nurse paged all the other nurses on the floor to come and sing to him (reminded me of Farrells when they called for the birthday singers...only thing was that was missing was the Portland Zoo screaming down the hallway on a stretcher....remember that , all you old folks like me out there???).  We had visitors and more are on their way.  Benjamin is improving. I'm waiting now for the gastroenterologist to come and visit and hopefully we'll get a little better idea of what the plan is for the days ahead.  It sure seems like we could potentially be on our way in another day or two, but no one is bringing it up much.  I think I've finally successfully loaded (thanks to Ruth's assistance!) a video here of Benjamin's doctors/pediatric team at rounds this morning...The Doctors are not in birthday suits...those are isolation gowns :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment