Monday, September 7, 2009

Not much news to report...Benjamin continues to do poorly.  I spoke with the pediatrician at length this morning, then took Benj over to our local hospital to have lab work done.  We returned home and soon the Dr. called to let us know that while not alarming, his labs are still not normal, and in some cases worse than last week.  He's mostly sleeping...I'm trying to offer fluids often, but he doesn't tend to be enthused about eating on a good day, so it's challenging.  Though tomorrow was to be his first day of school, we'll plan a visit to the Dr. instead and see if they can figure out what's causing this extended illness.  Though not the usual presentation, they'll check him for the H1N1 virus (Swine flu).  His weight loss is very concerning.  Thanks for praying for him.  Krissy continues to be one happy girl...she's been giggling alot today and seems to not have a care in the world.  I'm afraid she's started packing her bags already for her next trip to Disneyland, so we're trying to keep the luggage down to a large rubbermaid tub and then her various small cases and backpacks.  I feel like I'm fighting for property rights in our living room :o)  She starts school tomorrow, so I hope the 'happy' continues.  I'm been able to meet and visit some with her teacher and feel that this new classroom and staff will be a great fit for her.  I hope the transition will be non-traumatic for all!  We'll be praying for you teacher Jorie :o))

No comments:

Post a Comment