Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Our girl celebrated her 12th birthday in style today, our last at Disneyland.  I'll have to tell you more, once I have some rest, but I wanted to update you this evening on Benjamin.  This morning while walking Krissy over to the park, Larry called and said he was quite concerned.  We decided that maybe we should have the surgery folks at Doernbecher look at him...thankfully we have a great nurse there who immediately invited Larry (who worked all night) to bring him up and get some labs done prior to seeing her and the doctor.  Benjamin's labs were very abnormal indicating a significant dehydration and possibly some infection somewhere.  They gave Larry the choice of trying to rehydrate him orally (every 15 minutes) at home or going to the ER for IV fluids.  Larry opted for the home method, so that's where we are tonight.  I am so thankful that I don't have to head for the hospital and hope and pray that we can get thru this illness at home.  He is down 5-7 lbs which is very significant (since he's only 52 or so to start with).  Thanks for continued prayers.  I'll catch you up some on our day with some pictures when I have gotten some rest (I was up until 2:15 this morning with Krissy, finally getting her to sleep by putting her in bed with me).  I really enjoyed seeing her have her 12th birthday in such a special place.

Thanks for your prayers,

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment