Friday, September 11, 2009

Progress!



Happy Friday~

It's been a wild day for me (Janelle) but overall, good.  Thanks to Larry trading places with me last evening, I was home before 10pm and had a great nights sleep.  Larry was very persistent in offering opportunity for Benjamin to drink and as of late this afternoon, we're moving quickly towards feeling comfortable going home this evening.  Part of me is a little reluctant to let a good IV go, but he seems to be feeling well and as you might be able to see in the little photo, he's sitting next to me on the sofa bed in our hospital room, playing with toys.  As timing goes, Benjamin did this visit really well.  Larry was off Wed/Thursday nights (the two we were here) and returns to work to start a 6 night stretch tonight.  Life is so much simpler when we're on the same side of town.  

This morning Anne's new teacher made a home visit and went over the program she will be in this year (web academy)  She will deliver a laptop to her next week and she'll be ready to start.   Following that one of the kids had a dr. appt and then a voice lesson before we swung back by home to pick up the other two and head for Vancouver where the CYT auditions are being held.  From there I was able to hop on I-5 and get back to Doernbecher in time to pull into the parking circle by the front door, hand the van off to Larry and come up to see Benjamin.  Larry hurried home to be there when Krissy arrived. 

Krissy had a great first week.  She told me they were having a birthday party for her today, which was in fact, the case.  Her class celebrated the September and the summer birthdays.  Teacher Jorie sent me pictures of her in cooking class today.  When I put her on the bus the 2nd day (Wed), she put her hand over the bus drivers mouth and said "no talk".  I was embarrassed as we've just met this nice older woman and I was hopeful of establishing a good rapport with her.  To that end, I said "Krissy, that's not polite...say 'good morning' to Miss Ellen".  Krissy immediately said "Good Morning Miss Ellen no talking".  Not sure if Miss Ellen tried to engage her in conversation the entire trip to school the previous day or why she felt like she needed to establish some bus rules of her own.  That girl.....

Thanks for checking in on us...hope you have a wonderful weekend.  I'm so excited to be able to take Benjamin home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment