Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Tuesday~

Just checking in on the blog in case you are too...Things are going well.  We've been noticing and appreciating (read: breathing a sigh of relief) how much more settled Kristin is.  She is always happy about going to school and consistently comes home content.  Not to say she isn't BUSY, but we can do busy.  Just a wonderful breath of fresh air to have her in this environment that apparently is such a good fit for her.  We see her getting cranked up once in awhile...clues like the vibrato in her singing becomes much more pronounced (not to mention increased volume!), but even when she does get upset, her recovery time is dramatically shorter.  In other words, a meltdown doesn't mean we're facing an entire bad day/week.  We've seen a turnaround in a matter of minutes.  

I am so thankful too for a real break from the headaches I was having.  It became clear that my neck was the primary source of these, and I found the chiropractor has been a great help. I have now had 4 or 5 days of feeling back to my 'old self' (it's an expression, ok???) 

As I mentioned in a previous post, Benjamin is scheduled for his surgery this Friday.  However...he has had a morning cough and sinus symptoms since late December and we noticed an increase in his cough over the weekend.  I kept him out of school yesterday and we went to the pediatrician.  Of course he wouldn't cough for him, but he wanted us to try an antihistimine to see if drying him up some would lessen the cough.  If not, he wants a chest xray.  He barely coughed the rest of the day, but was pretty barky early this morning again. I sent him to school anyway!  He's not sick and the Dr. didn't feel he had an infection.  I think we will keep his pre-op visit with his surgeon tomorrow, but am all but positive he will not be able to have general anesthesia on Friday.  We can reschedule in February, but we see that this really does need to be corrected soon as he partially gets obstructed by this stricture every so often.  On a different not, with Larry and I going to Mexico in March, I want him to have plenty of opportunity to recover so we won't have post operative complications to worry about.  Jamie's so cute....she, in an effort to be reassuring told me a while back "Mom, David can drive and we know what to do.  We can take him to the hospital if we need to." Yikes...don't scare me like that.  

Speaking of our older kids, who get very little press coverage :o)....Anne has done a nice job working hard in school lately.  She, along with the others are again enjoying getting into their CYT classes and rehearsals for the spring show.  David and Jamie have settled into heavier academic loads at Mt Hood Community College for winter term and seem to be able to handle college course work fine.  Both of them did well last semester and we are finding this program to be a good fit.  

Well, I'm off to do some errands.  Mom and I are trying to get to the gym when the little kids are at school to get some walking and bike riding in.  It gives us some time together to visit too and we always enjoy that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment