Sunday, May 23, 2010

Benjamin update/Seussical



Hi~ Benjamin is doing better.  He came home from the hospital late Thursday afternoon.  We were a little worried for awhile, but he seems to be feeling pretty good now and eating well too. He's on an antibiotic so hopefully that will help him stay well.

It's been pretty non-stop since then.  We took Krissy to see the final dress rehearsal of Seussical on Thursday evening.  She was so good and sat thru the whole thing without being disruptive. It's such a cute show and kept her interest up.  It helped that David, Jamie and Anne are on stage so much.  On Friday morning, I was let into the church at 9:15 after dropping Jamie off at Mt. Hood.  I needed to get the refreshment area set up and decorated.  By 11 or so, I was done and headed to Costco for the last minute shopping for the show.  Then back home to spend some time with the little kids before leaving for the theater again about 4 pm.  It was a really fun opening night with a party following.  Friends of ours offered to take our 3 kids home with them for the night (up to Washougal!) so that was a gift for me as I didn't have to stay until the party got over (at midnight).  Larry left about 10:30 for work, so I came home to a quiet house.  I had Saturday morning here, then back to Costco for more food before arriving at the church about 1:45.  The 3pm show went well and around 6, I left for Vancouver's show (they opened this weekend too).  Well both 205 and I-5 were parking lots...amazing traffic jams.  I got to the theater about 7:20 and then was so tired, it didn't matter how great the show was, I needed to get home.  So at intermission I left, with the Wrights willing to bring the 3 kids home later.  On Sundays when we have a show, they have a worship time for the kids and parents prior to call time.  It was really a good time together with some thought provoking words from scripture and a wonderful time of music. I continue to be so thankful for this group of friends we have thru CYT and the leadership that cares about these kids far beyond their acting or singing abilities.    Then round 3 of Seussical at 3pm, followed by pictures, followed by a short birthday celebration for Jamie in the green room.  Finally home about 7:30 and feel fine, but really ready to drop.  

Thanks for praying us thru last week....we so hope Benjamin can stay well now for awhile.  I can't believe we just have a week until Disneyland with Krissy.  The show closes Sunday and we plan to leave Monday morning.  She is extremely excited.  So are we.

Love Janelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment