Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hypertension

One really nice thing that the program Benjamin is in (State of Oregon Children's Medically Involved Program) will be providing for us is 4 hours of weekly housecleaning.  The lady (Jennifer) from "The Maids" who came to give a bid this afternoon will certainly have stories for her dinner table tonight.  Kris came home from school on edge, reportedly banging on the bus windows and screaming at an older student.  She was being so out of control just prior to Jennifer's arrival, so she was in her room.  I forgot to bolt the door after letting Jennifer in and she and I were touring the house when Jamie let Krissy out of her room...unfortunately I was in the basement and Krissy came up,  tried the front door and immediately ran.  The girls were hot on the trail, but they really had a work out.  I came upstairs with Jennifer to find the front door open and all the daughters missing.  I excused myself and tore out the door with my keys and began driving the route I thought she'd be traveling.  Hey, a girl has a right to change her mind....and she did.  I wasn't seeing ANYBODY, so I was on the phone with the police as I turned around near the lake and headed back again.  I spotted Anne running then, barefoot except for an ace wrap around the foot she injured last evening at CYT's showcase.  Anyway, she got in the car and directed me back to our neighborhood where Jamie had Krissy down on a neighbors lawn. I still haven't heard all of the details, but know she ran into one neighbors house (they weren't home, but don't lock their door).  Anyway, with difficulty we got her home, only to have her run again before we got her in the house.  Meanwhile Jennifer is in our living room all by herself, worried sick.  Welcome to our life...

We have to be thankful again for God's protection for Krissy.  It's hard to remember everything all the time....it was totally my fault the door wasn't bolted after Jennifer came in.  Thankfully it's another happy ending.  Jamie's done a good job of calming her down.

Hoping for a peaceful evening,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment