Friday, November 6, 2009




You know how sometimes things seem bad, and then things get worse and you say "and I thought THAT was bad!"  I think we're probably in the middle of one of the worst days we've ever had with Kristin.  We got up very early as Larry heard ?? disturbing sounds coming from her room that caused him to think that it might be better to look sooner rather than later.  She had approxitmately 6 times more damage than what was previously done.  In fact huge sheets of FRP were pulled off the wall, lying over her bed and she was underneath them as though they were her blankets.  We really feel bad at the terrible waste this is of hard work and resources.  However we did all we could to tell them about her 'potential' and either that wasn't taken seriously enough and/or conveyed to the people doing the work.  We still believe that it would probably be best to just take off what's left and go with our original idea of putting up wood over the plywood.  The handyman is due to arrive (I hope he hasn't forgotten) sometime this afternoon (though it's nearly 4pm now).

Anyway...back to today, I am so thankful Larry is home.  Kris was really out of control and just unstrung, screaming, trying to get out, etc. etc.  It was all both of us could do to manage her.  I cancelled the bus and we both drove she and Jamie...first dropping off Jamie at Mt. Hood CC and then going to Krissy's school.  It was a special event day with a dance, karaoke, root beer floats, etc.  I thought I'd see if getting her into the classroom routine would help and I had already written to the teacher offering to come back this afternoon to help.  It didn't go well at all and as I told the staff "I really have my doubts that this is going to be successful".  It wasn't.  I decided pretty quickly that we couldn't leave her in that condition.  Her classroom staff is all so supportive and kind, we're very blessed to have her there....but today she needed to be at home.  There was alot of drama in the house for several hours...I don't even want to talk about it, but suffice it to say we were considering taking her to the hospital to have her admitted...it was, by anyone's standard, over the top.  I felt like if we could get her into the pool at the gym it would calm her, but Jamie had major reservations and told me she thought we should go for a drive instead.  So...we did.  We got her fries and white pop at the local drive thru and headed up the Columbia Gorge Scenic Hwy.  She was sleepy at first, cried quite abit (probably some drug reaction from something we'd given her earlier trying to calm her down) but all in all, she did seem to be pretty content.  We saw several waterfalls and it was a beautiful ride...I think it was therapeutic for Jamie and I too.  She really is better since we got home.  Please please pray for her (and us).  Most of you know we have tried some of the psychiatric medications with her in the past.  We haven't found one that hasn't had really negative side effects for her.  Even though the past few days and especially today have been difficult, Larry and I would both like to see if we can just get thru it, knowing she'll probably cycle out of this awful anxiety before long.  We just can't see drugging her 24/7 when she really has  2-3 months between these really hard times.  Thanks for your prayers for grace and strength and protection.  I worry about Ben getting caught in the flight path of flying toys....I took a particularly heavy airborne one to the knee cap today and I'd do it again in a second instead of him getting it in the head, but oh my, it hurt.   It's very hard to put away everything that can be thrown or broken.  

Benjamin is feeling punk still and I know it's just been 24 hrs. since we started medication...it takes 2-3 days at least for him to start to perk up.  All of the screaming is pretty hard on him too.

A dear friend who I previously planned to have lunch with today (but cancelled due to circumstances) called while we were on our drive and said she was bringing some dinner over.  So kind and another blessing for us today.  I'm so thankful if this had to happen that it was a day that Larry was home and awake.

More soon, no doubt.....love, janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment